Saturday, May 16, 2009

He's Coming...

After a week of up-and-down blood pressure tests and another day at the hospital being monitored, our doctor has diagnosed me with mild preeclampsia and recommended inducing delivery. She wanted to do it tonight, but neither the baby nor I were in any immediate danger, so we decided to come home and have a nice dinner, get a good night's sleep, and go in tomorrow morning to deliver.

I'm so overwhelmed and a little in denial. It seems impossible that tomorrow (or Monday morning) I will have my son in my arms. I am a little terrified of having an induced labor, with the potential for intense pain that comes with it, but I know that it will be over soon and will fade quickly into memory once I have that little one here in front of me.

But he will be here soon.

I'm going to be sad not to be pregnant anymore. I've been blessed with a really enjoyable and easy pregnancy, and I found myself looking at my belly several times today and being really sad that it will be gone. This has been a special time, and I am only just barely beginning to understand that it's almost over.

But the next part will be better and more amazing than I can yet fathom.

Wish me luck.

No comments: